2. Internships - Major Sports Event Fundraising Internship
Location: Tadworth Court, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5RU
Duration: 3 months - Can be longer if desired
Time commitment: 2-3 days per week, 9am-5pm (Flexible)
This voluntary position within The Children’s Trust’s busy Events Fundraising team will provide practical experience in all aspects of the team’s event planning and management activities. The internship will last approximately 3 months. During this time you will help us positively promote and raise awareness of The Children’s Trust’s important work whilst gaining valuable experience in charity sector events.
What will the role involve?
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities, including:
- Support to the Events Fundraising Team on a range of sports events (eg: London Marathon, RideLondon 100, Royal Parks Half, training days and some bespoke challenges)
- Marketing (e.g. promotion of the events, database maintenance)
- Writing and PR (e.g. communications to event participants, online listings and articles)
- Digital communications (e.g. web editing, management of intranet pages)
- Various administrative tasks.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to organise their time
- Can work using their own initiative
- Has the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within a corporate environment
- Is computer literate.
- References for any future job (on successful completion of the internship)
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Develop skills in communication, team work and leadership to further your future career ambitions.
- Ongoing support
- Develop skills in leadership, communication and team work.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Bryony Eida
Major Sports Events Manager on 01737 365018 or email her at email@example.com
Once you are ready to apply,
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon