2. Internships - Community Fundraising Internship
Location: Tadworth Court, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5RU
Duration: 3 months - Can be longer if desired
Time commitment: 3 days per week, 9am-5pm (Flexible)
This voluntary position in The Children’s Trust’s busy Events Fundraising team will provide practical experience in all aspects of the team’s event planning and management activities. The internship will last approximately 3 months. During this time you will help us positively promote and raise awareness of The Children’s Trust’s important work whilst gaining valuable experience in charity sector events.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities, including:
- Support to the Events Fundraising Team on a range of events (e.g. London - Canterbury Cycle, Halloween Howl Walk, Bear Grylls Challenge)
- Marketing (e.g. promotion of the events, database maintenance)
- Writing and PR (e.g. communications to event participants, online listings and articles)
- Digital communications (e.g. web editing, management of intranet pages)Various administrative tasks.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to organise their time effectively
- The ability to work using their own initiative
- The ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within a corporate environment
- A good level of computer literacy
- References for any future job (on successful completion of internship).
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Develop skills in communication, team work and leadership to further your future career ambitions.
- Ongoing support
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Jamie Pourier-Benham,
Senior Events Fundraising Manager on 01737 365016 or email her at email@example.com.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon