2. Internships - Community Fundraising Internship
Tadworth Court, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5RU
The Children's Trust is the UK's leading charity for children with brain injury. Come and join our team of 500 dedicated volunteers who support us in the vital work that we do, to give children with brain injury the best life possible.
This voluntary position in The Children’s Trust’s Community Fundraising team will provide practical experience in all aspects of the team’s activities. During this time you will help us positively promote and raise awareness of The Children’s Trust’s important work whilst gaining valuable experience in charity sector community fundraising
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities, including:
- Support with the organisation of our three onsite events; Fireworks Night, Christmas Fair and Easter Fair. You will gain experience in planning, budget and income management and marketing.
- Work to secure raffle prizes, advertising and sponsorship.
- Lead on the promotion of our music therapy campaign by writing engaging copy, recruiting participants and coordinating community events.
- Promote our overseas challenge to Universities.
We’re looking for someone with;
- Can do attitude
- Prioritise and monitor varied and multiple projects
- Competence in Microsoft Office particularly in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Team player
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Well organised
- Able to work evenings and weekends when required
- References for any future job
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Develop skills in communication, team work and leadership to further your future career ambitions.
- Ongoing support
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Chloe Edwards on firstname.lastname@example.org 01737 364329
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon