Retail - Retail Assistant
Minimum 4 hours a week
Please let us know which shop you'd like to volunteer at:
- Haywards Heath
- Hinchley Wood
- Tattenham Corner
- Tunbridge Wells
The Children's Trust is the UK's leading charity for children with brain injury. Come and join our team of 500 dedicated volunteers who support us in the vital work that we do, to give children with brain injury the best life possible.
A fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience in the retail sector. We will provide you with all the essential training and support to empower you to make a difference in your role and help maximise sales and profit for The Children’s Trust.
Our volunteers work better together, your role is to work amongst a team of volunteers, supporting the Shop Manager to maximise shop sales by;
- Providing excellent service to all customers, ensuring that the shop reflects a positive image at all times.
- Using the till to serve customers (training provided)
- Helping to keep the shop floor tidy and well presented.
- Sorting and steaming donations
- Replenishing stock ready for the shop floor
- Administering Gift Aid donations
- Acting as an ambassador for The Children’s Trust, answering questions on the work that we do (guidance provided).
- Attending regular team meetings and 121’s
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop
- Following all relevant procedures including health and safety, safeguarding, security and hygiene and report any concerns to the Shop Manager.
- Any other tasks appropriate to the role.
- No experience required.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A 'can do' attitude
- Willingness to volunteer as part of a team
- Trustworthy, polite, helpful and friendly
- Basic numeracy - to help with the till
- Develop various skills and experience to further your future career ambitions
- References for any future job
- Volunteer certificate and recognition of thanks
- Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Induction and support