Fundraising - Partnerships, Corporates and Trusts - Volunteer Administration Assistant for the Philanthropy Team
Volunteer Administration Assistant for the Philanthropy Team
Location: Tadworth, Surrey
Time commitment: Ideally 4- 7 hours a week (flexible)
About The Children’s Trust: The Children’s Trust is the UK's leading charity for children with brain injury. Come and join our team of 1000 dedicated volunteers who support us in the vital work that we do, to give children with brain injury the best life possible.
How you'll be helping: We are looking for a creative individual with great attention to detail to volunteer as a Philanthropy Administrator, supporting the Philanthropy Team in their bid to raise over £500k a year from high value and influential individuals.
You will be supporting the team to produce high quality communications and will assist in arranging prestigious events so that we can raise vital funds to support children with brain injury.
What you'll be doing:
- Producing invitation mailings to dinners, concerts and galas using Word mail merge. We often hand write our envelopes and invitation cards, so accuracy and neat handwriting is a bonus!
- Updating our 'ThankQ' database to reflect invitations sent and RSVP outcomes (training in our 'ThankQ' system will be provided when you begin volunteering)
- Designing appeals and update reports on Publisher, within the brand guidelines, using pre-written text. (Information on brand guidelines will also be provided when you begin volunteering with us.)
- Helping to source auction and raffle prizes
- Assisting with organisation around events e.g. guest lists, place cards, florist quotes
- Working in collaboration with members of the Partnerships team
- Providing other administrative support where needed
What skills and experience will you need?
- Experience of working both with your own initiative and as part of a team
- Good people skills
- A knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A 'can do' attitude
What can this role offer you?
- References for any future job
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Develop skills in communication, team work and leadership to further your future career ambitions.
- Ongoing support
Please click the 'fill in an application form' link at the top right of the page and make sure you click 'sign up' to the scheduled activity.