1. Volunteer at our events - Volunteer at Epsom Derby 2019
Calling all Epsom Derby Lovers!
Could you help us raise money for children with brain injury by working a shift on the bar or as waiting staff at The Epsom Derby? We're looking for volunteers to sign up for an exciting, face-paced and fun volunteer opportunity with a difference!
This year The Children's Trust has been extremely fortunate to be the chosen charity, and we hope to raise thousands of pounds across the weekend - but we need your help!
With your help as a volunteer, the wages that would otherwise have been paid to staff running the bars and catering outlets, will go directly to supporting The Children's Trust. Every volunteer who gives their time, means more donations that help us improve the lives of children with brain injury.
There are 2 days available to volunteer:
- Ladies’ Day on Friday 31st May
- Epsom Derby Day on Saturday 1st June
Epsom Downs, Epsom KT18 5LQ
Friday 31st May & Saturday 1st June 2019
08:30 - 18:30
Why we need you?
By volunteering at this event, you are helping us raise vital funds to support children with brain injury! We rely on every event, every pound and every volunteer to help us give children and young people with brain injury the chance to live the best life possible.
Our event volunteers are vital to the smooth running of our events, and we couldn’t do it without you!
What we're looking for:
- Volunteers with lots of enthusiasm, energy and the ability to work as a team
- Professionalism and commitment
- Willingness to get involved and passion to raise vital funds for children with brain injury
- Volunteers must be over 18
What our volunteers can expect from us?
- A t-shirt
- A full training session before the event and support in your area of work (either on the bar or as waiting staff)
- A packed lunch
- A very fun and diverse volunteer experience with an incredible atmosphere
- Learn new skills, have fun and make new friends
- The chance to watch some horse racing!
What will you be doing?
Supporting the catering team by working on one of the bars serving customers and preparing drinks or as waiting staff, which will involve serving food & beverages to tables and boxes.
- Though you will receive breaks and complimentary food and drink throughout the day, this volunteering role may be quite fast-paced and physically demanding as it will lots of standing and movement.
- When you sign up you will have the opportunity to choose which day you would like to volunteer as part of.
- The event organisers have specified that volunteers at this event will be required to follow quite a stringent dress code that is in keeping with other bar and waiting staff. Volunteers are therefore required by the catering company to have natural-looking hair colours (i.e. no bright colours), piercings must be removed and tattoos must not be visible throughout the day.
How to sign up?
Sign up to volunteer at this fantastic event by clicking 'Fill in an application' on the right hand side or if you're logged into your volunteer account scroll down to 'Sign up' to the activity!
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, May 31, 2019||8:30 AM||6:30 PM|
|Saturday, June 01, 2019||8:30 AM||6:30 PM|