Department - Facilities and Maintenance - Barrier Security Volunteer
Barrier Security Volunteer
Location: Tadworth Court, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5RU
Time commitment: Minimum 4 hours a week (flexible). The role requires cover from 7.30 am – 9.30am Monday – Friday.
This could be an individual volunteer, or multiple volunteers. Only one volunteer required to cover each shift
About The Children's Trust: The Children's Trust is the UK's leading charity for children with brain injury. Come and join our team of 500 dedicated volunteers who support us in the vital work that we do, to give children with brain injury the best life possible.
Role purpose: We are looking for a Barrier Security Volunteer to support the Facilities Team in providing cover at the Entrance to the site at the start of each working day Monday to Friday.
This is a vital role to ensure we are keeping our children and staff on site safe by monitoring the entrance, and ensuring our staff and visitors are provided with support and assistance when they arrive on site.
What will the role involve?
- Being a friendly face on the gate and welcoming our staff and visitors
- Directing visitors & delivery vehicles
- Providing staff and visitors with assistance at the barrier if required
- Ensuring those entering our site have valid ID or visitors pass
What skills and experience will you need?
- Experience of working on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A 'can do' attitude
What can this role offer you?
- References for any future job
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- Develop skills in communication, team work and leadership to further your future career ambitions.
- Ongoing support
How to apply: