Fundraising - Community - Collection Box Coordinator
Collection Box Coordinator
Location: Your Local Community
Time commitment: Flexible
About The Children's Trust: The Children's Trust is the UK's leading charity for children with brain injury. Come and join our team of 500 dedicated volunteers who support us in the vital work that we do, to give children with brain injury the best life possible.
We are looking for collection box coordinators to help us raise over £75,000 every year.
Coordinators place our boxes in their local community and every few months tally up the funds before paying into The Children's Trust.
You'll develop relationships with your local shops, businesses and other organisations, tell them about The Children's Trust and encourage them to fundraise for us by placing one of our boxes in their establishment.
What will the role involve?
- Identifying and placing collection boxes in suitable locations
- Speaking confidently about the work of The Children’s Trust and the difference the boxes will make
- Emptying boxes every 3-6 months (as they get full) and banking the income through the paying in book provided. Give a receipt and letter of thanks to the hosts
- Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes for your supervisor, the dates they are emptied and the dates/amounts banked
- If boxes aren’t collecting much, you’ll decide to move them to a better location.
What skills and experience will you need?
- Experience of working on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A 'can do' attitude
What can this role offer you?
- References for any future job
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Develop skills in communication, team work and leadership to further your future career ambitions.
- Ongoing support