Retail - Lead Volunteer - Retail
Our Lead Volunteers are responsible for overseeing the operation of the shop, sometimes in the absence of the Shop manager so we can maximise trading days, to help raise vital funds.
Dates and times are to be agreed in advance with the Shop Manager. You’ll need to be able to commit a minimum of four hours per week, more if you can.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone who is driven and motivated to become a leader within our shop team and provide excellent customer service. You’ll be reliable, responsible, trustworthy and committed. We’re ideally looking for someone who is a great problem solver, with excellent communication and leadership skills and the confidence to carry out this role independently when required.
What will the role involve?
- Opening and closing the shop in the absence of the Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager
- Supporting the Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager in running the shop, including driving sales, Gift Aid, cashing up and closing down at the end of the day’s trade
- Supporting new and existing volunteers
- Following policies and procedures, including those relating to banking and security of cash on shop premises
- Acting as an ambassador for The Children’s Trust at all times and be able to talk about the work of the organisation
What can this role offer you?
- The opportunity to learn new skills, such as, opening, running and closing a retail store
- Supporting and supervising volunteers
- Coaching and mentoring others
- Cash handling and banking
- Confidence and valuable experience for your CV
- A work related reference
- Pride in knowing you have played a vital part in supporting thousands of children with acquired brain injury, neuro-disability, and complex health needs, throughout the UK
How we will support you
- Volunteer induction into The Children’s Trust
- Relevant training
- Support and regular catch ups with your manager
- Opportunities for group support / focus groups with other Lead Volunteers in Retail
- Local travel and lunch expenses, paid in line with our policy
Locations across Surrey, Kent & Sussex
Banstead / Canterbury / Cheam / Chessington / Crawley / Dorking / Haywards Heath / Hinchley Wood / Horley / Maidstone / Nork / Purley / Redhill / Reigate / Sevenoaks / Stoneleigh / Tadworth / Tattenham Corner / Tunbridge Wells