Why we need your help
- To enable us to raise money to support our vision in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it.
- Our high-street shops raise approx. £1 million each year and our online shops can only increase this number in an efficient way thanks to your assistance.
What time should you offer?
We’d like your help with a shift a week; we’d love it if you could do more! Our shifts vary; they can be between 3-7 hours long and timings can be agreed between the volunteer and E-Commerce manager.
What activities will you be involved in as part of this volunteer role?
- Online operators for our eBay shops.
- Full training provided.
- Stock sorting and dispatching coordinators-to help us with packing and dispatching of various items sold online.
- New product specialists-to undertake research and evaluate various donations for us. Full assistance provided.
- Photo-shooting donations to be sold online
- Administration assistants to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks such as assisting in daily office needs and managing our department’s general administrative activities.
Where will you be based?
Trading Hub, St Paul’s Cray, 85-87 Cotmandene Crescent, BR5 2RA
What you can gain from volunteering in this role
- Join an enthusiastic team of people and get more involved in your local community
- Use and develop your skills, enhancing your CV
- Know you are helping people in your local community have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it.
Training and support provided
- Basic manual handling and fire safety briefing will be provided on your first day.
- You will need to attend a 2-3 hour training session within a few months of you starting which needs to be attended and refreshed each year to continue volunteering in this role. The training session will be held at various locations across South East London.
- Gift Aid training
- Training on use of the online platforms such as eBay and Amazon, general electronic commerce, back office PC, administrative.
- Welcome session and ongoing support provided by E-Commerce manager.
What we are looking for
- Good listener and clear communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to follow our policies and procedures to keep you, our staff, our patients and our customers safe
- Ability to represent St Christopher’s and our values positivity.
Anything else you need to know
- There is a short settling in period to see if the role is right for you
- You must be 18 years old or over to do this role
- The volunteer role will be agreed with you following receipt of two references.