St Paul's Cray Admin Volunteer
Shop Admin Volunteer - St Paul’s Cray
At St Christopher’s we put people at the heart of everything we do. We believe that all dying people and those close to them deserve to have the best care and support, wherever and whenever they need it. We do all we can to make this happen, providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to over 7,500 people across south east London every year. People like you, your mum, your dad, your nan, your sister, your friend, your neighbour.
Why we need your help
- Our shops raise approx. £1 million each year and our retail hub at St Paul’s Cray is a central part of that initiative
- We need an admin volunteer to support our logistics team
What time should you offer?
Any day of the week Mon-Sat, and any time between 9-5.
Where will you be based?
Our retail hub 85-89 Cotmandene Crescent St Paul’s Cray BR5 2RA
What activities will you be involved in as part of this volunteer role?
- Booking the delivery and collection of furniture
- Answer the phone and help with queries
- Arranging Gift Aid labels for the collections by inputting customers data into our till system and printing them out
- Dealing sensitively and politely with customers to the shop and on the phone – bearing in mind some may be bereaved.
- Representing St Christopher’s and our values at all times during your shift
What you can gain from volunteering in this role
- Join an enthusiastic team of people and get more involved in your local community
- Use and develop your skills, enhancing your CV
- Know you are helping people in your local community have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it.
Training and support provided
- Full training on the role will be provided
- Welcome session and ongoing support provided by the Logistics Lead
- All training will take place in the shop
- A health and safety briefing will be provided on your first day.
- You will need to read and complete a learning workbook which needs to be refreshed each year to continue volunteering in this role.
- Volunteer handbook
What we are looking for
- Someone with good customer service skills and a pleasant telephone manner
- Good admin and IT skills
- Good listener and clear communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to follow our policies and procedures to keep you, and our customers and staff safe
- Ability to represent St Christopher’s and our values positively
Anything else you need to know?
- There will be an informal interview where you can find out more about the role and if it is the right one for you
- There is a short settling in period to see if the role is right for you
- You must be 16 years old or over to do this role
- The volunteer role will be agreed with you following receipt of one reference
- At St Christopher’s we believe that no volunteer should be out of pocket because of their volunteering. The reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred whilst volunteering will help ensure volunteering is accessible to all. All expenses to be reclaimed should be agreed with the manager/supervisor or the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator in advance.
Equality and diversity
St Christopher’s recognises the qualities and strengths that a diverse group of volunteers brings to the organisation and we therefore particularly welcome applications from our underrepresented groups from within the local communities and from a range of different cultures and backgrounds.