Work with Seniors! - Home Helper
Are you passionate about enhancing the lives of older adults?
Our In-Home Support Program provides supportive home care services to older adults aged 50 or better and adults with disabilities in Milwaukee county. These services are designed to help maintain and strengthen the client’s current living situation and enable them to remain active and involved in their community.
Along with our staff, volunteers provide a much-needed service to help adults live more active, independent lives and enable them to remain in their own homes longer. Depending upon the needs and desires of the client, volunteers provide weekly one on one social visits, assist with transportation to the grocery store and appointments, or help with simple chores. Each visit is personalized to the individual you are seeing.
By having a volunteer, clients can talk about challenges, express grief, and to find resources to solve problems. There is always a potential to grow and deepen the relationship and when that happens a volunteer is someone that the client looks forward to visiting with and doing things with.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Caring, sympathetic approach to working with clients.
- Ability to do light housekeeping.
You do not need formal experience just time, compassion, and the desire to help.
- Regularly scheduled home visits
- A minimum of 2 hours, once a week
- 6-month commitment
- Available hours 9 am-5pm, Monday through Friday
Please note: In this role you will travel to client’s residences, which requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance (liability coverage: $100,000/person and $300,000/accident).
Questions? Please contact:
Jessica Brandt, Volunteer Coordinator
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon