Programs - After School Group Teachers/Aides - Thursdays
Be a part of serving the community through our after-school program!
The After School Group Teachers/Aides are instrumental to the success of the after-school program. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Assist teachers with up to 15 children at a time
- Teach classes on any school or STEM subject, art (drawing), or music (starting January 2022)
Teachers/Aides are needed Thursdays from 6:00pm – 8:00pm during school year calendar - starting September 16th.
- 18 years or older
- Prior experience or certification in teaching preferred
- Must have a passion for helping
- Reliable, professional, and friendly
- Ability to show kindness to everyone
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Isela Guzman at 847-981-9111
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- Illinois Mandated Reporter Training Must be Completed
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Thursday, October 28, 2021||6:00 PM||8:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 04, 2021||6:00 PM||8:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 11, 2021||6:00 PM||8:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 18, 2021||6:00 PM||8:00 PM|