Christmas Season - Holiday Pick-Up Driver
Be a part of serving the community by driving for The Salvation Army this Christmas season!
The Driver is a vital part of our daily operations of programs and services requiring the transportation of Angel Tree gifts to various locations throughout the Chicagoland area. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Safely operate the vehicles under direct supervision
- Assist in loading and/or unloading of transported items from donors
- Ensure timely transport of people and or items
Volunteers are needed the following days from 9:00am - 3:00pm
- December 9, 10, 11
- December 14, 15, 16
- December 21
- 18 years or older
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Passion for helping
- Experience and comfort in driving throughout the city
- High energy, poised demeanor, and friendly disposition
- Ability to relate to and work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Reliable, organized, and hard working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check and Motor Vehicle Report
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities, volunteer sites, or while driving Salvation Army property.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Isela Guzman at 847-981-9111.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 50 lbs.
- Motor Vehicle Registry Approval Must be at least Cleared
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, December 09, 2020||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Thursday, December 10, 2020||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Friday, December 11, 2020||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Monday, December 14, 2020||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 15, 2020||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Wednesday, December 16, 2020||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Monday, December 21, 2020||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|