Community Crew | Moreton Bay Region
What to expect
We have a number of positive, encouraging, welcoming and supportive Community Crew teams across the state all aiming to engage and inspire local communities to become socially conscious animal communities. This rewarding role would suit someone who enjoys engaging with members of the community whilst promoting and supporting the programs and services that RSPCA Qld provides in the community.
We are currently focusing on community outreach, animal welfare education and support in the Moreton Bay region and we need your help. As this preventative and proactive initiative is a new space for RSPCA QLD, recruiting community support is essential.
RSPCA QLD is 94% community funded! To continue to drive great animal outcomes and proactive community support we rely heavily on community fundraising. The community crew team achieves this by conducting various community fundraising initiatives such as BBQ’s, annual RSPCA Cupcake Day stalls and corporate events. These events will mostly be on the weekends, but there may be some weekday events as well.
Our vision is that all communities are empowered to care for animals and people.
What locations are available?
We are currently focusing on activating Community Crew in the Moreton Bay region (Dakabin being the base shelter).
What are the benefits?
- Helping to raise awareness of the services that RSPCA provides in the community
- Raising funds to help animals in need
- Be part of the Community Crew team
What are the tasks?
- Represent RSPCA Qld in the community and share your passion for animal welfare
- Assist at community events
- Promote RSPCA Qld services, activations and support programs
- Seek out new and innovative opportunities in your community
- Help with fundraising
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Be friendly, positive and enthusiastic
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Confidence in answering questions from members of the public
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues
When can I volunteer?
This volunteer position is flexible and the tasks are dependent on the region you are volunteering in. Activities as part of this role will be on different times and days, or may be a regular shift, depending on the event. Full orientation and training is provided.
Please click 'Fill in an Application" button above to register your interest in this role.