2020 Training - Animal Technical Rescue Awareness and Technician
Animal Technical Rescue Awareness and Technician course
Schedule: June 5-6-7, 2020 from 0900-1700
Location: Butte County Search & Rescue
Instructor: John Maretti (John@NVADG.org)
Animal Technical Rescue Awareness and Technician is a California State Fire Training course that teaches advanced technical rescue techniques for the extrication and rescue of animals.
This course is required for all California firefighters and other responders planning to certify as Animal Rescue Technicians. This course provides the knowledge and skills to prepare to respond to an animal technical rescue in a safe and effective manner. This course meets and exceeds NFPA 1670 guidelines.
Some of the skills that will be taught:
- Emergency rope and web halter and lead line
- Packaging of an animal on a backboard
- Application of an Emergency Vertical lift tie on a large and small animal
- Strapping for support, hauling frontwards, backwards, sideways, lifting, lowering, rolling, and rotating sternal
- A series of simple but common scenarios
- Trailer extrication from a standing and a rolled trailer
- Trailer manipulation: We will be rolling a horse trailer over
- Use of rope systems, adaptions for large animals
- Simple to complex scenarios to include "over the side" and human entrapment
The typical fee for these two classes is around $475. Since NVADG is committed to having as many volunteers trained in this area as possible, the fee has been reduced to $300 for both classes combined – for NVADG volunteers. This includes both manuals, and California State Fire Training certification. Outside personnel will pay the full price of $475.
Upon registering in your Better Impact personal portal, you will be contacted by the instructor with additional information and payment options.
Contact instructor, John Maretti (John@NVADG.org), directly with any questions.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, June 05, 2020||9:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Saturday, June 06, 2020||9:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Sunday, June 07, 2020||9:00 AM||5:00 PM|