As part of the wider entertainment team, this role is to provide quality costume character entertainment for patients and families in GOSH. The performer must have experience or dancing and/or acting to be able to perform within one of our costume characters or superhero characters. The character will be accompanied by a trained ‘chaperone’ whose role is to escort characters and be the liaison between participant and character.
The character will have set wards and hospital areas to perform in and abide strictly to the character’s personality and behaviours (this information is provided separately).
Approx 4 hour session, with appropriate breaks. Full week, according to need and set timetable.
Location: Across the Trust
- To be guided by requests for the character – Outpatients, wards, reception area, special events
- To learn and practice the character’s personality and behaviours, performing as the character at all times when in costume
- To undertake all tasks according to the Rules and Guidelines of GOSH Costume Characters
- Alert GOSH staff to any issues of concern
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experienced performer – dancer or actor
- Experience of working with young people/children (including babysitting, volunteering)
- Creative and play skills
- Emotionally mature
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Understanding of (ability to learn) personal/professional boundaries