Bellringing - Red Kettle Campaign
Bell ringers are needed to help fill the kettles. Choose from 17 locations throughout the Greater Wausau Area. By giving two hours of your time, you can raise $100 or more to help others in our community.
Get started by creating an account or logging in with last years account.
To create an account click the "fill in an application" button under the " I would like to volunteer" heading. After you have created an account, log back in and you will be able to select the locations and times you would like to ring.
To log in to an account that has already been created, click "log in to your account" under the " I would like to volunteer" heading. Enter your username and password, and you will then be able to select your location and times you would like to ring. What a beautiful gift!
Before your scheduled shift:
- Try to arrive at the kettle a few minutes early.
- Make sure to dress for the weather and location.
- Your kettle, bells, and aprons will be at your location waiting for you.
- If your kettle is not there when you arrive, your driver should be there shortly. If it seems to be taking too long, please contact us so we can check on what is going on.
At the kettle:
- Smile and be enthusiastic.
- Greet people with an appropriate greeting.
- Ask parents before giving any candy to kids.
- You are representing The Salvation Army. Please act and dress in a respectable manner. No shirts or hats with offensive statements.
- Please do not eat, drink or smoke.
- If you need to leave the kettle for a short time, it is okay to leave it. It is locked onto the stand.
- Please do not handle the money. Let the donors place it into the kettle. If the kettle becomes full, use the paint stick to push the money into the kettle.
- Keep ringing the bell and thank our donors.
- If a kettle exchange driver arrives during your shift, they will show you their Salvation Army photo ID.
- If you have a problem, call us at the number listed on the kettle stand sign.