What does a Room Rep do?
The Room Rep focuses on support for the teacher. The needs of each classroom will be different, and the style of each teacher will vary. Some teachers need minimal assistance, and others may want a more involved role from the Room Rep. We want our teachers to know that we appreciate all they do for our kids, and we’re here to support them.
A few ideas...
* Connect in-class, academic volunteer needs (as determined by the teacher) with interested volunteers (reading buddies, math helpers, etc.).
* Organize class parties (If you have a class party please be aware that there are reusable cups, plates, etc. available for use.
* Manage a classroom wish-list for supplies.
* Motivate your classroom’s parents to help with all-school events.
* Keep parents up to date with information from the teacher.