Library Support Volunteer
As a Library Support Volunteer, you will provide an extra set of hands to an AAPS librarian in the Media Center of a school.
Your primary role is to be a positive role model for AAPS students. Library support tasks can include collecting books from the school building, checking in books, reshelving books, helping students find books, preparing for check out, checking out books to students, creating book and showcase displays, and more.
Interest and/or experience volunteering with children.
Ability to interface with online catalog with instruction from a librarian.
Proficiency in the English alphabet and numerical system.
- Ability to volunteer at minimum once a week for at least 3 months.
Ideal for volunteers who…
- Have an interest in working in a school setting.
- Love organization and books!
- Possess artistic skills for display creation.
- Have experience or seeks experience in library sciences.