Math Support Volunteer
As a Math Support Volunteer you will work with identified Elementary School students on specific math activities as directed by a Building Math Coach or other AAPS staff member.
Math Support Volunteers will engage students in targeted math games/activities that reinforce foundational mathematical skills and support students’ development of a positive math identity.
You will work with individual students or small groups of students in 15 - 20 minute intervals over the course of your volunteer shift.
Every Math Support Volunteer will receive additional training specific to their role prior to volunteering.
- You must be able to attend a required 30-40 minute Math Support Volunteer training prior to volunteering.
- Interest and/or experience volunteering with children
- Proficiency in basic elementary math
- Able to commit to volunteering at least 1 day a week for at least 3 months during the AAPS school day (9 am - 4 pm).
Ideal for volunteers who…
Enjoy interacting with children.
- Are interested in working 1:1 or in small groups with students to support their understanding and love of math.
Want to serve as a positive adult role model for AAPS students through volunteering at an AAPS school or schools.
- Seek an introduction to the field of education and is interested in a possible career in the field.