Cafe Customer Service (16+ years of age)
Café volunteers assist with the operation of the Café by providing staffing and services. Volunteers are provided with an opportunity to serve their community and help to fulfill the mission statement of the library.
- Serve customers of the Café.
- Perform opening and closing procedures as required.
- Record sales using a cash register, handles cash and maintains records.
- Refill condiment containers and supplies as needed
- Conduct inventory and indicate need for replacement as needed.
- Keep café area clean and clear of debris.
- Tidy books as necessary
- Enter completed hours on a weekly basis via your www.myvolunteerpage.com account
- Report concerns, needs or incidents to the Coordinator, Volunteer Resources or other appropriate library staff.
TIME REQUIRED: Minimum 3 hours per week
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator, Volunteer Resources
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 16 years of age and up. Have knowledge of basic math. Have understanding of food safety. Practice good personal hygiene.
SCREENING MEASURES: Once an application form is completed, two reference forms must be received by the library. References will be checked. An interview will be conducted. A Police Record Check is required. Job performance is conducted on an ongoing basis.
ORIENTATION: An orientation session and package of information are provided.