Children's Program Assistant
A Children's Program assistant helps staff to implement programs for children. Volunteers are provided with an opportunity to serve their community and help to fulfill the mission statement of the Library.
- Provide a friendly, welcoming greeting to children as they join the program.
- Assist children during programs to complete activities
- Assist with ushering duties during programs, such as crowd control, ticket taking, counting attendance, and admitting latecomers.
- Assist with craft preparation before the program.
- Assist with set up and clean up for the program.
- Work with other volunteers as a team in meeting the needs of each participant and the Library Board.
- Report concerns, needs or incidents to the Manager, Volunteer Resources or other appropriate Library staff.
TIME COMMITMENT: Various, as required. All Children’s Program Assistants must sign up for a shift at least once in a 3 month period in order to be considered an active volunteer.
SUPERVISOR: Children’s staff member(s) responsible for program
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 14 years of age and up. Experience working with children. Interest in working with crafts and other activities.
SCREENING MEASURES: Once an application form is completed, two reference forms must be received by the library. An interview will be conducted. A Police Record Check is required. Job performance is conducted on an ongoing basis.
ORIENTATION: An orientation session and package of information are provided.