Barrie Dragon Boat Festival - Team Marshalls
The marshaling area or team assembly area are where the teams go to wait for their upcoming race. Team Marshalls will be interacting with all of our teams to ensure they are ready and excited to paddle.
- Ensure the correct teams are in the marshaling area for the upcoming race. If not, a runner may have to go into the team village to call a team
- Check to see that all paddlers are wearing a wristband with the same number on it.
- Assist teams to organize their paddlers to ensure they load the boat in the correct order
- Double check that there are the correct ratio of males to females
- A minimum of 18 years of age
- Volunteers should be comfortable using a loud voice and directing teams
- Working with the public; strong interpersonal skills
- Volunteers must sign-in at the Volunteer Administration Tent a minimum of 15 minutes before the shift begins
A volunteer t-shirt and lunch are provided.
*Those who have not volunteered at the Barrie Dragon Boat Festival in the past must also attend a mandatory volunteer orientation that is being held on Wednesday August 15th from 6:30pm - 8pm at the Downtown Branch*
- Current Year Barrie Dragon Boat Waiver Must be Completed
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, August 24, 2019||7:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Saturday, August 24, 2019||12:00 PM||5:00 PM|