Barrie Dragon Boat Festival - Dock Marshalls
The docks are one of the busiest and most important sites at the festival. Dock Marshalls will be interacting with all of our teams. Assisting the paddlers, keeping things moving, and cheering on the teams will help ensure that the races are on time, and everyone is having a great experience.
- Assist paddlers entering and exiting boats (some teams may have physical challenges)
- Ensure all team members have a paddle and life jacket
- Collect paddles and life jackets as paddlers exit the docks
- Direct the paddlers off the docks after their race as safely and quickly as possible
- A minimum of 14 years of age
- Volunteers should be comfortable being around the water and standing for long periods of time
- Working with the public; strong interpersonal skills
- Volunteers must sign-in at the Volunteer Administration Tent a minimum of 15 minutes before the shift begins
A volunteer t-shirt and lunch are provided.
*Those who have not volunteered at the Barrie Dragon Boat Festival in the past must also attend a mandatory volunteer orientation that is being held on Wednesday August 7th from 6:30pm - 8pm at the Downtown Branch*
- Current Year Barrie Dragon Boat Waiver Must be Completed
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, August 24, 2019||6:00 AM||4:00 PM|