Ready to do the heavy lifting?
Join us in the Foodbank warehouse to receive and sort donations, make up parcels, and clean up to maintain an organised and safe environment.
- Ensure that incoming donations are checked, weighed, and recorded
- Sort food by date and type, removing any items that are damaged or out-of-date and weighing these out separately
- Keep warehouse area clean and tidy at all times, checking for evidence of pests and notifying the Warehouse Manager if there are any concerns
- Prepare stock orders for the Foodbank Centre and/or emergency food boxes, as appropriate
- Assist in undertaking an annual stock take
- Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the Warehouse Manager
- Strong team player
- Has an eye for detail
- Organised and self-motivated
- Physically fit enough to lift heavy crates of tinned goods
Benefits of volunteering
- Using your existing skills to make a difference
- Meet new people who share your passion to eradicate poverty in the community
- Make a real difference to the running of our foodbank
You will be given all the required training and support before starting your role.