At MCAS we are dedicated to engaging the hearts, hands, and minds of the community to help animals in Montgomery County. As such, we are devoted to the humane, efficient, high quality care of animals in our shelter.
- Promote and protect public health and safety
- Commit to industry best practices as it pertains to animal care, shelter management, pet placement programs, pet ownership education, and animal law enforcement
- Be transparent and build trust in our community
- Be a humane organization that promotes the inherent value of every animal; practicing and promoting the principle that every life is precious.
- Strive to end shelter killing by collaborating with volunteers, rescue groups, other humane organizations, private entities, and our constituents.
Imperative to our mission are the following mission priorities:
- Customer Service - We will strive to provide legendary service to the customers at MCAS. We will be the model of excellence in customer care.
- Live Release - Every decision we make will revolve around the desire to see every animal in our care find a loving home. We will endeavor to remove barriers to animal placement and make the adoption, transfer/rescue, and return-to-owner processes as customer friendly as possible.
Our vision is to be the nationally recognized model of excellence in animal care and placement where humane organizations throughout the United States see MCAS as the beacon of best practices dedicated to delivering humane, efficient and high quality service. In addition, we long to see the day when shelter killing no longer exists.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity First - Where integrity is defined as "doing what is right even when no one is looking."
- Service Before Self - Placing the needs of our customers and pets above our own needs and ambitions.
- Excellence in Everything We Do - We will seek perfection and find excellence along the way.