|With you for Life!
As a St John Qld Community Transport driver, your role will be to provide an amazing transport journey to our clients as they move around their local community. Many of are clients are aging and often love the interaction with our drivers and the door-to-door service we offer. Trips are often no more than 30 mins and many people are looking to head to a local shopping centre or medical appointment. Our St John team never underestimate the impact of a smile, friendly chat and helping someone in and out of a vehicle – this can often be the only interaction they have all week.
Benefits for volunteering with one of Australia’s leading not-for profit transport providers:
- Being part of a friendly growing team
- Gaining local knowledge of area
- Use of a St John branded vehicle
- Use of a mobile phone for communication and trip information
- Free First Aid Course, manual handling and other training opportunities
- Discount on First Aid and other products and courses
- Flexible shifts Monday - Friday
- Centrelink approved role
Full induction, orientation and specific training will be provided. Queensland Transport Restricted Driver Authorisation and NDIS Worker Screening will be required (we can support you with this) as well as an Australian open licence for the past 3 years.
Commitment: variable from 1 – 2 shifts per week
Days: Monday - Friday
Times: Between 7am - 4pm
Location: based out of Maryborough
** Must also be aged 25 or over