Animal Transfer Driver | Bundaberg
What to expect
If you are passionate about animal welfare and looking for a rewarding volunteer role then perhaps consider becoming a driver for RSPCA Qld. Being a large organisation, responsible for the care of over 50,000 animals annually, we are looking for reliable individuals to help transport both domestic and wild animals locally and regionally, and help with other tasks, such as collecting donated food.
Every day we need assistance moving animals between campuses, pounds facilities, rehoming centres, vet surgeries and carers. You would be provided with all the necessary equipment, including an RSPCA vehicle, during your shift. Please note drivers must have an open licence.
What are the benefits?
- Gain a greater understanding of the RSPCA operations
- Becoming part of a friendly new team and making a great contribution to the ability of the RSPCA to raise much needed funds
What are the tasks?
The position involves transporting wildlife and domestic patients as required and includes:
- Significant driving around the greater Bundaberg area, using an RSPCA vehicle.
- Transporting animals between animal care centres
- Collecting and transporting animals from vet clinics back to animal care centres
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Be a courteous and considerate driver
- Confidence in driving a large van and/or towing a trailer.
- Good communication skills
- Hold a clean, manual open drivers license
- Sound driving skills and the ability to cope in traffic
- Physically fit and able to lift 10kg
- Good animal handling skills
When can I volunteer?
- We are looking for drivers who can volunteer on a regular basis, and those who can do on-call driving.
- Please be aware that due to the nature of this role we ask you to be flexible to an extent with your shift time – it can be difficult to judge the length of a particular trip due to changing traffic and weather conditions
- We request a minimum commitment of one shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be provided
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9903 or email@example.com, or fill in the application above.