Programmatic - Teens Reach
**Evergreen Branch is currently only recruiting for Reading Buddies and Virtual Reality Guides. Please check nearby Tully Branch Library for additional opportunities, or consider signing up for SJ Engage**
Teens Reach provides a key way for young adults to build their leadership skills by developing and participating in library activities, as well as becoming library advisers and advocates. Be part of a fun volunteering opportunity for teens between the ages of 13-18. Earn community service credit while supporting the library by assisting with library programs, promotion, and representing the library's teen point-of-view. Attend our monthly meetings and have your say.
- Age must be between the ages of 13-18 years old
- Have a strong interest in the library and/or serving their community.
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and cultures.
- Be willing to learn new skills.
- Submit paperwork signed by parent/guardian.
- Complete a short on-site training.
- Create and log hours in BetterImpact Account (can be done with help of a staff member)
- Gain new skills such as: program management, organizing, communication, and leadership skills.
- Receive community service hours
- Learn about other volunteer opportunities associated with the library and City of San Jose
- Signed Letter of Recommendation
- Have fun and make new friends!
- We feed you!
- Attend monthly meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, see schedule.
- Assisting with library system programs
- Help create and/or host programs for the library community, specifically for children and teens, including Homework Club, Reading Buddies, and Friday Fun.
- Assist with holiday programs such as Lunar New Year, Easter, Moon Festival, Halloween, Hispanic Heritage Month, Santa Program.
- Assist with Friends of the Library Booksales
- Assist with fund-raising
- Age Must be at least 13+
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday, April 16, 2019||5:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, May 21, 2019||5:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, June 18, 2019||5:00 PM||6:00 PM|