Virtual Volunteering - Marketing and Communications Teen Volunteer
Are you interested in Marketing, Communications, and Copywriting? Do you know a lot about Library resources and wish your family and friends can participate too? San José Public Library is looking for enthusiastic and social media savvy teen volunteers to promote Library events and programs to our community!
How You Will Make a Difference
Library volunteers play a pivotal role in encouraging San José youth and families to participate in Library events and programs. Your main goal is to spread the word! By using a combination of social media outlets, school and community bulletin boards, and other marketing campaign strategies, you can connect our community with vital resources!
Volunteers are needed to:
- Enjoy writing and can create concise and professional content
- Use simple and effective graphics to make the message pop
- Able to work autonomously and use critical thinking
- Self-motivated, organized, and proactive
- Connect Library resources to the community
- Gain knowledge and experience in marketing and communications
- Develop graphic design and copywriting skills
Willingness to volunteer at least once a month for a 6-month duration. The schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable in engaging with youth and families
- Possess the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Be dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Be respectful and do not use inappropriate language
- Do not speak on behalf of the library, especially on topics that can be deemed sensitive or controversial
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Age Must be at least 15+
- Skilled in basic internet, email, and Microsoft Office Must be Yes
- Virtual Volunteer Training Completed Must be Yes