Teaching - English Class Teacher
Teaching – English Class Teacher
Position Title: English Class Teacher Volunteer
Section/Unit: Canterbury City Community Centre
Direct Supervision: Community Worker
Overall Supervision: Manager Community and Sector Capacity Building
Volunteer English teachers assist women learn and improve their English language skills in an informal setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a class and teach students (either intermediate or beginners level)
- Work with other volunteers to prepare and deliver the classes.
- Materials and resources can be provided.
- Be punctual and attend every week.
- Adhere to the 4cs Policy and Procedures
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Strong desire to improve the English language skills of students
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- Patience, understanding, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Ability to commit to 1 Term (10 weeks)
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Commitment to participate in training, development and support meetings.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Start Date: This is an ongoing, open position.
Hours: One afternoon per week from 12.30pm – 2.30pm