Gardening - Garden Care
Gardening – Garden Care
Position Title: Garden Care Volunteer
Section/Unit: Canterbury City Community Centre
Direct Supervision: Team Leader (on site)
Overall Supervision: Garden Care Coordinator
To provide a service that supports older clients in the Inner West and Canterbury Bankstown Local Government Areas to remain independent and well by assisting with their gardening needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Together with other Garden Care staff and volunteers undertake a range of tasks to help convert gardens into low maintenance. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Pruning and Trimming
- Raking and Sweeping
- Shaping beds
- De-potting and Transplanting plants
- Clearing Vines
- Placing all green waste into relevant receptacles for collection
- Directing any further client needs to the Team Leader for the day
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Ability to relate well to clients and other staff and volunteers
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Reliability as a team member
- Understanding of the importance of the principle of consumer directed care
- An interest in gardening
- Commitment to participate in training, development and support meetings.
- Participation in “Volunteer Essentials” training
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Start Date: This is an ongoing, open position.