ZooCrew volunteer groups will aid in the landscaping needs of Zoo Boise. Groups will select one term to commit to and will help provide landscaping maintenance in a specific section of the zoo each time they come in.
- Commit to 1 hour of volunteering per month for the term of the group’s choosing
- Available terms:
- Spring- 3 months- March-May
- Summer Option 1- 6 months- April-September
- Summer Option 2- 6 months- May-October
- Fall- 3 months- September-November
- Each group member must supply their own pair of gardening gloves.
- Assist with landscaping tasks such as weeding, raking, hedge trimming, etc.
- Volunteers will not be in close contact with animals and will rarely enter into behind-the-scenes areas with staff supervision
- Must be at least 10 years old
- Volunteers ages 10-12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Submit a Group Volunteer Application at least 6 weeks prior to volunteer project
- Groups of 5-10 people
- Group leader must consistently come to each shift; other group members can be different each time
- Able and willing to work outdoors
- Able to take verbal direction well
- Arrive excited to be a part of Zoo Boise’s conservation mission
- Submit a group waiver prior to volunteering
- Receive free entrance to Zoo Boise for the day of the volunteer project
- Enjoy a team building activity that benefits the Boise community
- Form an ongoing relationship with Zoo Boise
- Learn about the Zoo Boise Conservation Fund and its impact on wildlife conservation worldwide