Social Service - Food Pantry Assistant
Join us in assisting clients at our drive-up food pantry. Volunteers will help distribute goods to clients.
The food pantry assistant will will greet clients and explain how the food pantry operates. Duties include, but are not limited to, packing boxes, stocking shelves, getting supplies from garage, and bringing food to clients’ cars.
Our Food Pantry hours are Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00am -11:30am and 1:00PM - 2:30PM.
- 18 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Friendly personality and smile
- Must be able to comfortably lift cases of food (30+lbs)
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer sites
Pants and shirts must cover the waistband.Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, undershirts, or halter tops, sleeveless shirts, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Shoes must be closed toe. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted.
*Off Street Parking is available*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
For additional questions please contact Brigitte Robinson at 773-838-8005.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 16 or older
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon