Building/Facility Support - Facilities Assistant
This position helps with maintenance inside and outside the building.
The Facilities Assistant will keep the inside and outside of the building clean and tidy. Duties include, but are not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, and cleaning inside of the building, and ensuring organization of the outdoor in kind donation bin.
The hours for this role are flexible, but help is generally needed during normal weekday business hours. A schedule will be created based on your availability after applying.
- 18 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Friendly personality and smile
- Must be able to comfortably lift 20 pounds
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
- Bring and wear personal face mask
- Pass health screening including forehead temperature reading and brief questionnaire at start of shift.
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer sites
Pants and shirts must cover the waistband.Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, undershirts, or halter tops, sleeveless shirts, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Shoes must be closed toe. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted.
*Off Street Parking is available*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
For additional questions please contact Lt. Ali Welch at email@example.com or 773-531-8455.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 20 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older
This activity generally occurs on
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon