Social Service - Restaurant Driver
Join us in providing meals to our community by becoming a driver for Salvation Army.
The Restaurant Driver will assist the Corps Officers in picking up meals donated from local restaurants. Duties include, but are not limited to, driving to local restaurants to pick up food, bringing donated food inside building, and organizing food in the kitchen.
The ideal candidate will be available to pick up meals for the following days and times:
- Tuesdays after 11am (1 pick up)
- Wednesdays between 9am- 11am (2 pick ups)
- Wednesdays between 1pm - 4pm (1 pick up)
- Fridays after 11am (1 pick up)
- 21 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Ability to show kindness to everyone
- Must be able to comfortably lift cases of food (30+lbs)
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Pass Motor Vehicle Registry check and have valid license
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions please contact Lt. Dalvius King-Harvey at email@example.com or 773-838-8005.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 30 lbs.
- Motor Vehicle Registry Approval Must be at least Cleared
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 21 or older