Social Service - Restaurant Driver
Join us in providing meals to our community by becoming a driver for Salvation Army.
The Restaurant Driver will assist the Corps Officers in picking up meals donated from local restaurants. Duties include, but are not limited to, driving to local restaurants to pick up food, bringing donated food inside building, and organizing food in the kitchen.
The ideal candidate will be available to pick up meals for the following days and times:
- Tuesdays after 11am (1 pick up)
- Wednesdays between 9am- 11am (2 pick ups)
- Wednesdays between 1pm - 4pm (1 pick up)
- Fridays after 11am (1 pick up)
- 21 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Friendly personality and smile
- Must be able to comfortably lift cases of food (30+lbs)
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process
- Pass Motor Vehicle Registry
- Have valid license
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
- Bring and wear personal face mask
- Pass health screening including forehead temperature reading and brief questionnaire at start of shift.
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer sites
Pants and shirts must cover the waistband.Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, undershirts, or halter tops, sleeveless shirts, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Shoes must be closed toe. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted.
*Off Street Parking is available*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
For additional questions please contact Lt. Ali Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773)531-8455.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 30 lbs.
- Motor Vehicle Registry Approval Must be at least Cleared
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 21 or older