Holiday Season - Angel Tree Assistant
The Salvation Army's Angel Tree Program allows local businesses, groups, organizations, and individuals to buy gifts for children in need to open on Christmas Day.
The Angel Tree Assistant will help with the logistics of making this program a success at our Corps Community Center. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Working with local donors to coordinate pick-up and drop-off of tags
- Assisting with sorting the donated toys before distribution
This position has flexible hours. A volunteer is needed Monday - Friday between 9:00am - 5:00pm starting December 2nd.
- 18 years or older
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High energy level and a joyful demeanor
- Ability to relate to and work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Reliable, professional, and friendly
- Ability to show kindness to everyone and generously share Christmas cheer
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Lt. Ali Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-531-8455.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older