Have rail operations experience, or interested in learning?
Our operations department is responsible for the safe movement of railroad equipment around our campus. We adhere to standard railroad class 1 (mainline railroad) operating practices and safety protocol to ensure a safe and educational experience. Prior experience is a definite plus. 192 hours of volunteer time in the shop/performing site maintenance are required to participate in rail operations related activities. Basic vision, hearing, and health conditions must be taken into consideration.
- Being responsible for/involved in the safe movement of railroad equipment
- Successfully passing an operations rules course
- Radio use
- Extended periods/entire days spent walking on gravel/ballast
- Carrying heavy objects such as knuckles or portable derails
- Enjoying working in a team environment