Dallas Hope Center - Self-Defense & Fitness Trainer
Please note: Registering for this opportunity does not confirm your involvement. Please reach out to the Volunteer Lead of this event after registration to confirm additional details.
Event: Safeguard Fitness Fusion Workshop
Hope Dealer Role: Fitness & Self-Defense Trainer
Date/Time: 8 Weeks, 1-6hrs per week. Based on flexible schedule
Location: Dallas Hope Center, Dallas, TX 75228
Located West of White Rock Lake. For the safety and privacy of our residents, the address will be provided upon assignment approval.
Summary: Safeguard Fitness Fusion Workshop is a comprehensive initiative that integrates self-defense and fitness training. In response to the growing need for personal safety and physical well-being, this project aims to empower residents through a dual-focused approach. The program covers practical self-defense techniques, and situational awareness, and incorporates fitness elements to promote a holistic approach to personal security and health.
- Skill level: Intermediate to Master, as the trainer will teach and guide residents in these various self-defense and fitness techniques.
- Commitment level: Minimum of 8 weeks long, with between 1 - 6 hours a week. Each of the different self-defense or fitness training will either be taught once a week in a group setting or multiple days in a one-on-one setting. This can be flexible upon experience and level of commitment.
- Comfortable interacting and teaching young adults, ages 18-24, in small group and/or one-on-one settings
- Create a supportive and positive group environment conducive to learning and personal growth.
- Empathy and understanding of the challenges faced by the residents of the Hope Center.
- Background check: All volunteers of the Hope Center must undergo a standard background check to ensure a safe and secure environment for all participants.
- Self-Defence and Fitness Expertise: Hope Dealers must possess a background in self-defence training or martial arts, and/or fitness training
- Experience teaching in a group and/or one-on-one setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver engaging and informative sessions
- Reliable and committed to the full duration of the time requested.
- Pass Background Check
- Signed Confidentiality Agreement
Dress Code: comfortable clothing, closed-toed shoes, blue Hope Dealer shirt
Lead Contact: Jordan Rodriguez Torres
Phone: (469) 558-1197
- Address Your Unconscious Biases Must be Completed
- Background Check Must be Completed
- Hope Center Confidentiality Agreement Must be Completed
- Hope Dealer Handbook Must be I have read and ACCEPT all terms & condition within the Hope Dealer Handbook.
- Introduction to Unconscious Bias Must be Completed
- LGBTQ in the Workplace: Gender Identity vs. Sexual Orientation Must be Completed
- Respect Ethnic & Racial Differences Must be Completed
This activity occurs between Monday, January 01, 2024 and Tuesday, December 31, 2024
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day