Dallas Hope Center - Artistry Workshop Instructor
Please note: Registering for this opportunity does not confirm your involvement. Please reach out to the Volunteer Lead of this event after registration to confirm additional details.
Hope Dealer Role: Artistry Workshop Instructor
Date/Time: 8 Weeks, 3-4hrs per week. Based on flexible schedule
Location: Dallas Hope Center, Dallas, TX 75228
Located West of White Rock Lake. For the safety and privacy of our residents, the address will be provided upon assignment approval.
Summary: The Artistry Workshop aims to empower the residents of the Hope Center by providing hands-on experience in various art forms such as Painting, Print Making, Ceramics, Pottery, and Carpentry. Engaging in these activities fosters creativity, enhances problem-solving skills, and promotes the development of fine motor skills. This project seeks to create a supportive environment for the residents to explore their artistic potential while building essential life skills. We are looking for multiple talented Hope Dealers who have a background or experience in these various art forms.
- Skill Level Intermediate to Master, as you will be teaching and guiding residents in these various art forms.
- Commitment Level Minimum of 8 weeks long, with between 3 - 4 hours a week. Each of the different art forms will either be taught once a week in a group setting or multiple days through a one-on-one setting. This can be flexible upon experience and level of commitment.
- Comfortable interacting and teaching young adults, ages 18-24, in small group settings or individual setting
- Create a supportive and positive group environment conducive to learning and personal growth.
- Empathy and understanding of the challenges faced by the residents of the Hope Center.
- Background check: All volunteers of the Hope Center must undergo a standard background check to ensure a safe and secure environment for all participants.
- Artistic Qualification: Volunteers must demonstrate proficiency in the specific life skill in which they would like to instruct: Painting, Print Making, Ceramics, Pottery, Carpentry. Additional art forms are welcome.
- Experience teaching in a group and/or one-on-one setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver engaging and informative sessions
- Reliable and committed to the full duration of the time requested.
- Pass Background Check
- Signed Confidentiality Agreement
Dress Code: comfortable clothing, closed-toed shoes, blue Hope Dealer shirt
Lead Contact: Jordan Rodriguez Torres
Phone: (469) 558-1197
- Address Your Unconscious Biases Must be Completed
- Background Check Must be Completed
- Hope Center Confidentiality Agreement Must be Completed
- Hope Dealer Handbook Must be I have read and ACCEPT all terms & condition within the Hope Dealer Handbook.
- Introduction to Unconscious Bias Must be Completed
- LGBTQ in the Workplace: Gender Identity vs. Sexual Orientation Must be Completed
- Respect Ethnic & Racial Differences Must be Completed
This activity occurs between Monday, January 01, 2024 and Tuesday, December 31, 2024
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day