On Sunday 9th July 2017, up to 18,000 riders will embark on a completely closed road cycling sportive that takes in 140km of some of Wales’ most breath taking scenery.
Volunteers are essential in making sure that event day is a huge success, so why not get involved, become a ‘VELONTEER’ and be part of Wales’ biggest every cycling event!
You don’t need any special skills, or to be a cyclist. Just be reliable, flexible and have lots of enthusiasm!
There are a whole range of different roles available in the run up to (Friday 7th and Saturday 8th July) and on race day (9th July) both in and around the start/finish in Cardiff City Centre and around the course at feed stations on race day. There will be something to suit everyone!
· Helping to support the riders by manning a feed station around the course
· Supporting riders into their starting pens and across the start line
· Welcoming riders to Wales and supporting the rider registration/race pack collection area
· Congratulating riders as they cross the finish line by handing out medals
· Helping in a 'behind the scenes' role in one of our operational teams.
· Why not help to man our baggage area
· Good with a camera? You could be a volunteer Photographer
Volunteering is a great way to have fun, make friends, enhance your CV and experience the electric atmosphere of race day. So if you just want to be part of this prestigious event, have a friends or family members riding or don’t quite feel ready to participate in the event, then why not volunteer.
We'll provide you everything you need to undertake your role - breaks, refreshments, and on the day support through a supervisor as well as all the support and any training you may need to undertake your role.