Front of House
Front of House Volunteer
Why should I volunteer with Ripon Museum Trust?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team of friendly and enthusiastic volunteers who welcome visitors from far and wide to the 3 unique Ripon Law and Order Museums. You will be playing a vital role in keeping the museums open and operational so visitors can learn and enjoy their experience.
The front of house team provide the first contact visitors have of the museums so this enjoyable and interesting role is vital for our continued success and development. Whether you want to develop new skills and gain valuable work experience or are just interested in keeping active and involved in your local community the front of house role is perfect for you.
What Will I be doing? Tasks may include:
- Opening and closing the museum at the beginning and end of the session.
- Welcoming and talking to visitors
- Selling admission tickets and making shop sales
- Giving information to visitors and helping them to enjoy their visit.
- General tidying and cleaning of the reception are/museum as required.
- Cashing up the daily takings if required at the end of the session.
- General administration tasks if able and appropriate.
- Working with other volunteers and staff.
What qualities, skills and experience do I need?
- Friendly and enthusiastic approach
- Enjoy meeting and talking to people
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An interest in history and local heritage useful but not essential
- Reliable, punctual and energetic!
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to use humor to share knowledge
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to handle cash