Administration Volunteer - Funding Bid Writing Volunteer
Title: Bid Writing Volunteer
Why should I volunteer with Ripon Museum Trust?
The Ripon Museum Trust is at an exciting point in time. The recent acquisition of the Sharow View site, home to the Ripon Union Workhouse, has given us a lot of new opportunities. We are currently seeking match funding to help us in potentially gaining a major funding bid of £4 million to enable us to fully restore this wonderful building and create a museum that will stand with any in the North in terms of quality.
We are looking for volunteers to help us write bids and applications to the numerous local and national grant giving trusts and foundations we have identified might be able to assist us in this endeavor. Support will be given by the Museum Director in undertaking this task.
What Will I be doing? Tasks may include:
- Researching specifically identified trusts and foundations to determine what their main interest is
- If appropriate, making contact with these bodies to discuss a potential bid
- Using the information provided by the Trust about our major project to craft a suitable proposition for each body
- Writing the bid/application to each body
- Liaising with the Director and once the bid has been signed off, submitting the application
What qualities, skills and experience do I need?
- Confident working independently
- Good communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in writing applications/business cases/plans to draw down funding. This can be in any sector,
- Ability to identify what the body being applied to is most interested in and to craft the information about the project to suit them
How much time will I be expected to give?
- Time commitment is flexible and can be worked to suit you. There is no time limit on this post as we are always in need of funds, but we expect the bulk of the work for this project to take place between now and end of December 2017
Where will I be based?
Home based or we can supply a desk at the Workhouse Museum
What can I expect from Ripon Museums?
- A welcoming and friendly team of volunteers and staff to work with
- The opportunity to meet a variety of new people
- Induction and training will be given with on going support
- An enjoyable volunteering experience
- Programme of volunteer trips and social events
- Valuable work experience
- Sense of achievement
- The opportunity to upskill.
- Opportunities to get involved with other areas of volunteering
Following an application process with the Volunteer Manager new volunteers join the team and become registered volunteers with Ripon Museum Trust.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening