Food Pantry - Food Pantry Assistant
Be a part of serving the community through our client choice food pantry!
The Food Pantry Assistant will help to create a positive experience for pantry visitors. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Greeting and assisting clients
- Checking for required paperwork
- Assisting in collecting food
- Bagging groceries
- Ensuring guests receive the correct items
- Stocking shelves
Our Food Pantry volunteer shifts are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am -10:30am or 10:30am to 12:30pm, and Thursdays from 4:30pm to 7:30pm.
- 14 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Erin Andrews at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 20 lbs.