Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with site maintenance, including (but not limited to) collecting litter, emptying garbage/recycling bins, and maintaining stock levels in portable washroom areas.
- Collects compost in designated areas (Beer & Beverage Tent, Volunteer Tent, etc.).
- Distributes pocket ashtrays during the Parade and/or Festival.
- Assists festival attendees to properly sort garbage and recycling, in support of the Organization's sustainability initiatives.
- Assists festival attendees in need, by notifying the proper individuals (Security, First Aid, etc.).
- Ensures the cleanliness of the festival site before, during and after the festival.
- Keeps current on Pride Winnipeg environmental sustainability practices and goals
- Identifies opportunities for improving sustainability performance, and reports to the Environmental Sustainability Coordinator.
- Tracks number of bicycles around the festival site at regular intervals.
- Replaces water jugs at refill stations around the festival site
- Attends all required volunteer orientation & training.
- Audits festival garbage and recycling to measure total waste and recycling rate (3-9pm shift on Sunday only)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals.
- Self-motivated, collaborative and innovative.
- Must be able to work while standing for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of environmental sustainability issues an asset