Interacting with STAFF, RESIDENTS and OTHER VOLUNTEERS:
Office volunteers serve a unique role as a liaison among staff, residents, and other volunteers. This provides one of our most interactive volunteer opportunities. The primary tasks include:
- Answering phones and transferring calls to correct staff member.
- When a person calls requesting shelter, it is important to obtain enough information to determine if the person really needs shelter and is suitable for our shelter, to do this we use our phone screening.
- You might collect in-kind donations from a donor during their scheduled appointment time and provide their receipt.
- You might help community service volunteers or residents have access to the supplies they need for their chores.
- There are many opportunities to take on additional or alternate responsibilities in the office volunteer role.
*this role requires at least two (2) hour training after orientation