Corporate Finance - Coat Check
Royal British Columbia Museum Volunteer Program Job Description
You will be stationed at coat check in the main lobby.
To provide efficient and friendly service while ensuring the safety and security of customer coats, back packs, and other items. Also, ensure the safe and secure handling of incoming museum donations.
- To work as part of a team that offers excellent customer service to visitors, and to encourage donations from our visitors
- To follow the procedures for securing visitor’s belongings, as described in the Coat Check Procedures Manual.
- To maintain a working knowledge of current Museum procedures, activities, and exhibits by participating in meetings, training sessions and by reading the provided memo book.
- To offer general information to visitors in a helpful and friendly manner, and to be aware of resources where visitors may obtain further information.
- To be an ambassador of the Museum – both at the Museum and in the community.
- To present a friendly and professional image consistent with the status of the Royal BC Museum and the demands of the job, including following current dress codes
- Willing to find a substitute for absences by asking 3-4 volunteers and filling out a Substitution Form in the FOH binder
- Must enjoy and work well with visitors and co-workers
- Must have a desire to learn about the Museum and customer service skills
- Must be physically able to perform duties as required, including lifting coats and small backpacks
- Must work well in a high volume environment.
The shift schedule is approximately 3 hours per week plus biannual updating meetings.
Suitability of assignment is subject to ongoing evaluation
Uniforms will be provided.
Volunteer Sponsor(s)Titles : Admissions Supervisor, Team Lead, Admissions Clerk