Providing meals to families and individuals in need is one of the many services The Salvation Army offers. At the Norridge Citadel we offer meals to our congregation and program participants.
The Kitchen Staff will play a major role as a part of the kitchen, where he/she will be responsible for monitoring the condition and appearance of the kitchen, supplies, equipment, and facilities. The Kitchen Supervisor will also manage special projects, food packaging and serving, as well as working with other kitchen staff.
• 18 years or older
• Preferably poses prior kitchen or culinary experience
• Experience and comfort in leading and encouraging a team
• High energy, poised demeanor and friendly disposition
• Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
• Reliable, organized and hard working
• Pass initial screening process
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer site.
Clothing must be respectful. Closed toe shoes are required.
*Off Street Parking is available.*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please complete the online application by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
If you have further questions please contact Barbara Burtch Barbara_Burtch@usc.salvationarmy.org
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 10 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older