Adelaide Restore - ReStore Volunteer
ADELAIDE RESTORE VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION
LOCATION: 317 Adelaide Street South, London
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm and Sunday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
SHIFTS: We are flexible to those with changing schedules or those who cannot make this suggested commitment. Please let us know if you require another time.
ABOUT THE RESTORE: Our ReStore is a retail store concept that sells new and gently used donated home furnishings and renovation materials at 50-80% off the original retail price. ReStore proceeds support Habitat’s mission of helping hard working, families build a brighter future through affordable homeownership. The ReStore also plays an important role in environmental stewardship by actively re-cycling, re-purposing and diverting tons of materials from landfills annually. The success of our organization depends on the service of more than 100 dedicated volunteers that support our ReStores.
- Work closely with ReStore staff, volunteers and customers
- Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
- Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
- Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the store
- Provide customer service to customers, volunteers and fellow employees.
- Help with processing, organizing and merchandising of donations.
- Accept, check, and prepare donations for the sale floor
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years of age to volunteer in the stores and must be 18 years old to operate power tools
- Volunteers are encouraged to particpant long-term, 1 – 2 shifts per week for a minimum of 3 – 6 months (flexible schedule)
- Own a pair of steel toed boots. We have limited quantity available for use, so please bring your own
READY TO START?
- Sign up for a shift below that works with your schedule
- For your first shift, please report to the Store Manager/Supervisor at the front desk
- You will be directed to the lunchroom where you can leave personal belongings, have your lunch and breaks, as well as receive your safety orientation and job assignment. You are encouraged to bring a lock to secure your personal belongings in a locker
- Are you completing mandated court ordered hours? (Those who select YES, please answer the next question) Must be No
The next 10 shifts (out of 82 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Thursday, July 18, 2019||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Thursday, July 18, 2019||1:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Friday, July 19, 2019||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Friday, July 19, 2019||1:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Saturday, July 20, 2019||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Saturday, July 20, 2019||1:00 PM||4:00 PM|
|Sunday, July 21, 2019||12:00 PM||4:00 PM|
|Monday, July 22, 2019||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Monday, July 22, 2019||1:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, July 23, 2019||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|