Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while learning about caring for our collection of mammals, birds, fish, and invertebrates? Volunteers in these areas get the opportunity to do some hands on work in our various departments.
Minimum Age: 18
- Care and maintenance of animals & exhibits (cleaning, food preparation, operation of life support systems).
- Assist with the presentations and classes.
- Assist with routine husbandry procedures.
- Record keeping.
- Participate in animal training procedures, as needed.
- Participate in development of husbandry techniques and practices.
- Work with other staff to fulfill areas and facility programming needs.
- Perform all other assigned duties.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Comfort with handling raw fish and other food.
- Able to work a full 8 hour shift on your feet.
- Physically able to execute the duties of the position.
- Ability to swim.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills